President Obama and his Democrat colleagues must take all of
the credit as Nancy Pelosi’s promise: “we
will find out what is in Obamacare after it is passed,” starts to become
reality.
Since not one Republican voted for Obamacare and Republicans
were shut out of putting any input into Obamacare, the credit and or blame will
fall appropriately
The President made all kinds of promises as he sold Obamacare
to the people of the United
States.
But it seems like most of them have fallen by the wayside as promises face the dawning of reality.
Were these claims the President made, honest
miscalculations? Or were they cynical
lies designed to get a gullible public to accept a government takeover of our
healthcare system?
According to the latest estimates, Obamacare will cost around $2.6 trillion over the next 10 years, nearly $1.7 trillion more than Obama’s initial promise of $900 billion.
President Obama’s claim that if you like your existing
healthcare plan, you can keep that plan is proving utterly false as Obamacare
gets unveiled. Millions of Americans are
getting rude shocks as employers start to drop their plans and force employees
into the new healthcare exchanges.
He also promised if you liked your doctor, you could keep
your doctor…Period! But of course that
whopper has fallen to the wayside as people are kicked off their existing
healthcare plans and new plans don't include their doctor.
President Obama claimed the average healthcare premium
savings would be 2,500 per family. That
claim is proving to be bogus as families get sticker shock from the new healthcare
plans with Obamacare mandates. To add
insult to injury, many of these plans have huge deductibles that must be paid
before the insurance kicks in.
Most Americans will soon forget this latest budget impasse
and the resultant government “shutdown.” The negativity directed toward the Republicans
who tried to block or make changes to Obamacare before it gets implemented will
swiftly pass in the coming weeks and months.
But in a little over a year, the all important midterm
elections will occur; with House and Senate seats up for grabs…
The quotes below from two naive supporters of Obamacare just
discovering huge increase in healthcare premiums may prove ominous for
Democrats trying to retain their seats:
One surprised Obama supporter said:“Of course, I want people to have health care I just didn’t realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally.” Or another who received a rude shock in the mail: “I was laughing at Boehner until the mail came today.”
One surprised Obama supporter said:“Of course, I want people to have health care I just didn’t realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally.” Or another who received a rude shock in the mail: “I was laughing at Boehner until the mail came today.”
What will be fresh on American workers and voters minds as the
November elections arrive, will be who has raised their taxes and who is
responsible for the huge increases in their healthcare costs.....They will also remember who tried to keep their taxes lower and tried to warn them about Obamacare.